Who doesn't like calamari? Deep fried calamari or grilled calamari, you won't be able to pass these by...
This version is for a Grilled Calamari. Marinated in olive oil, lemon juice and white wine vinegar, these will make a great addition as an appetizer or as an entree to any meal. Guaranteed to be a family favorite.
Very easy to make these grilled calamari, and most importantly the clean up will be so easy.
Did I mention that this is a super healthy version of calamari? Yes, that's right!
And, if you dare to be bad, I have a version of Crispy Fried Calamari here. So go ahead and substitute fried for Grilled Calamari. You won't regret it.
Tips and Tricks
Do yourself a favor and buy yourself cleaned squid (calamari). This way you don't have to do this yourself.
But if you do get courageous, and you do buy whole squid, do the following to clean them:
- pull the head off
- cut the head off just below the tentacles but above the "eye".
- keep the tentacles
- discard the eye
- reach into squid cavity and slide out the entails and remove the purple membrane.
Or you can watch this video.
- 4 calamari
- ¼ cups olive oil
- ⅛ cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ⅛ cups white (wine) vinegar
- clove of garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- lemon wedges
- chopped parsley for garnish ((optional))
- Place cleaned calamari in a bowl and add all ingredients. Place in fridge for a couple of hours to marinate.
- For best results grill on barbecue on high for about 2 minutes on each side. Once cooked place in a clean bowl and add a touch more olive, lemon juice and parsley.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 223Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 23gCholesterol 192mgSodium 52mgCarbohydrates 3.5gFiber 2gSugar 1gProtein 18g
Nutrition data is calculated automatically by Nutritionix and isn't always accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and make no claims to the contrary. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health.